6.29.2008

busy, busy, busy...

We've had a crazy couple of weeks helping our friends move out of their apartment and immediately moving into it:) We also were allowed to paint!!! YAY! we were super excited to make this new place our own since we are planning to stick here for the next 2 years. We (I) decided to paint an accent wall red while leaving the rest a neutral tan color. Little did I know that there are like 2 million colors of "tan"! After several trips to Home Depot, a frantic call to Emily, and a pep talk from my mom, we decided on "desert camel" and it's PERFECT! :)

isn't this a GREAT red!?

Brandon's favorite job....not!

taking a quick break

the ACTUAL red:)

our bedroom housed everything while we painted

and our neighboors, nate and jodie, have started a small garden in our shared side yard. We were super excited to join. Somehow we feel that growing our own food is a very "Portland" thing to do:) plus, there is just nothing like eating a tomato from your own garden! As you can see, Brandon is beside himself about the "beefsteak tomato" plant:)

other plants we will be eating from: lettuce, zuchinni, squash, walla walla onions, jalepenos, green bell peppers, and cilantro! WOO HOO!!!


And here is the finished product! Yay for our efforts in eating organic.

6 comments:

em said...

oh my gosh!!! ok first-the red looks amazing!!!!! WOW. great job and the tan sounds desertly delicious :D can't wait to see the new place AND your garden...my inner-hippie is screaming with joy...how wonderful! the only problem is that all this makes me miss you more!! i'll call this week about camping :D

Hannah said...

wow! the first picture of your "red" room concerned me a bit but the finished product is really really awesome!!! and i am so happy that you're growing your own veggies! way to eat org and local! miss you guys.

Taylor and Joanna said...

I love it!!! Remember to put more pictures up as you get it all set up. Can you email me your new address?

Julie Brown said...

wow! I almost didn't know what wall I was looking at! really! Hope the apartments working well for you guys! :)

Julie Brown said...

looks great by the way!

Claudia said...

I love your colors. Sorry it took me so long to look on your blog. I forget!! What a cute little garden. I laugh because you call that a garden. haha Just kidding, I guess there is no measurements for a garden. I was just thinking about our Texas gardens, where everything is bigger in Texas!haha