7.12.2008

24 already?


yes, i have turned another year older. i don't feel any older or wiser. i find myself looking at my younger brothers and feeling as if i should still be where they are. i always pictured myself as mature, wise, and purposed at this age...i'm not:) i always thought that when i was married and at this time in my life i'd be itching for kids and a home and ready to "settle down"...we are barely surviving seminary/nannying and i definitely don't long to bring Sam home with me at night;) i guess i will never feel my age (or the feelings i thought would come with that age). but i guess that's a good thing. i love my life now and am enjoying where God has us. it feels good to give up my plans and accept where we are now.
all of that to say, praise God for giving me another year of life. i am so unworthy and so grateful for the life He has chosen to give me.
(Ross and I having a mud fight...)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Callie - i will call you soon, i promise. we're camping today and tomorrow. so, expect to hear me tuesday! Can't wait to catch up with you.

em said...

LOVE that picture :) it's so you. hope your day was grand! LOVE YOU.

Claudia said...

Oh Callie Ann......you are so precious to me. How I wish I could go back to that time and treasure every moment. Time goes by so fast, as does our life.
love, your mommy