12.15.2007

Blessings of all kinds...

...and here are a few. Right now Brandon is feeling the relief of finishing his first semester at seminary! Praise God! This last week was filled with lots of papers and final exams. He did an amazing job balancing class, work and me for the past 5 months. I am so proud of him!

So, we are now sitting in a local coffee shop a couple of miles from our house and while Brandon is sipping his coffee acutally reading a book he wants to read, Screwtape Letters, and I am enjoying this beautiful latte! What a work of art:)


This may look like a boring freezer to most of you, but to us it is an amazing blessing. A meat company in Portland has been donating boxes of meat to needy seminary students at Christmas time for many years. It was 25 lbs. of beef, pork, steaks, chicken, etc. We were lucky enough to be one of those families. There are no words to express our thankfulness to this family-owned company.


This morning we were able to be the blessing! Our church teamed up with Angel Tree ministries to buy, wrap, and deliver presents to kids whose parents are in prison. So we met at the church, divided up gifts, and found our way around town...playing Santa:) We were able to give presents to 73 kids! AWESOME!









And, as you know, this upcoming week will be my last with Adeline. I thought I would take a couple of pictures to show y'all how much she's grown. I love this little girl very much and am sad to say goodbye, but this job was a huge blessing and even though the opportunity is ending We praise God for the time I was able to be there.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool to have the opportunity to be someone elses' blessing!!!

em said...

ok, i'm almost crying!! we serve an amazing God.

Claudia said...

Oh my goodness, she is STANDING all by herself. This is probably an emotional week for Jackie with you leaving. I'm praying for her.

Hannah said...

can't wait to see you!

During a lul at bucks the other day, i practiced making leaves in my lattes. I'm hopeless... you might have to give me some pointers!

em said...

ok, can you updated your blog?! i'm waiting anxiously for pictures that i know exist :)