5.31.2008

where to begin.....?

So I realize that it has been quite a while since our last post. I feel especially behind when I see that most of the other blogs that I read have posted several times since my last attempt. Oh well, such is life.
I guess I'll update everyone on our life and what is going on. In about 3 weeks Brandon and I will be moving into our new apartment (yay!). We've already added up how much we will be saving and are constantly thanking God for this opportunity. We can't wait to move and have already enlisted Emily to come help us pick out paint colors (in exchange for a hiking/camping weekend in Oregon).
My last day nannying for Mo was last week. It was hard, but probably a good thing. Towards the end the "no-nap" thing was wearing on me. I have spent a couple of "orientation" days with the new family: basically so that I know where the spare diapers are kept, how to use the sound system, and how to use the video camera so mom can see her baby during the day:) I'm pretty sure I'm excited about this job. The baby--aka Sam-- is a sweetheart (taking lengthy naps regularly is a plus) and the parents are very nice and laid-back. Although I'm not exactly sure how long this arrangement will last, I'm convinced that God does and He ultimately knows best.
Brandon has continued to plug away in the enrollment office, spending longer days this week in order to account for his class schedule next week. Yup, his summer intensive courses will start on Monday. He has mentioned that he is having a hard time getting back into the "homework" mode (doing pre-course reading), but I have full confidence that he will continue to excell. He's a smart guy.
We are excited for our first Portland summer. This weekend has been just a little taste of warmer weather to come. I will be working longer days Monday-Thursday and will have Fridays off...this means long weekends for camping!!! If anyone wants to come visit us, we hear this is the season to do it:) hint hint.
Here are some random pictures of the past week or two:

After a nice afternoon "frolfing", we ate dinner and then did what we do best...played games:) (Jen, Me, Brandon, Corey)

Below is a party we had last night for some friends. We played lots of party games and had a good time being social--something we haven't done a lot of lately:)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This old lady had never heard of "frolfing" so I had to google it. Now I know.......:)