11.09.2008

update

ok lets see if we can fill you in on what's been going on in our lives....
here is a HUGE praise: I (callie) have a new job for January!!! yay! for those of you who didn't know, my job with little Sam is ending at Christmas and I have been looking and interviewing for jobs for several weeks. God totally provided above and beyond with this job and we are soooo thankful for it!
we continue to be blessed by our awesome small group. God has answered our year-long prayers for friends and we truly feel connected to these couples. It's so refreshing to have so many couple friends who desire to have authentic community and to serve God along side each other. we are blessed!
yesterday I brought out the Christmas decorations:) i convinced Brandon that since we will be gone for 2 weeks at Christmas then it was only logical that we start decorating/celebrating early. yes? well, he has graciously embraced our 24/7 christmas music and the twinkle lights draped over our windows.










I got to visit with Mo and his mom, Kim, yesterday and was totally refreshed by it. he is doing really well with only 1 more chemo treatment left. Mo touches my heart with his big smile and earnest attempts at walking. I'm so glad I've been able to stay in his life since being his nanny.
Brandon has been up to his eyeballs in homework/papers/reading for the past 4 weeks. this has been the hardest semester by far at seminary and we are constantly reminding each other that there is an end in sight. i'm so proud of him for the effort he puts into his school work, but even more for the effort he puts into our marriage at the same time.
and lastly, this last week has officially begun "winter" here in Portland. The weathermen have it very easy for the next 9 months..."nothing but rain in sight..." I'll count on my twinkle lights and red starbucks cups to keep me in good spirits!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Callie!!! This post has made me so happy, inspired, and missing you and B badly! I love your Christmas cheer every year!

em said...

i'm jealous you've already started decorating!! how wonderful :)