7.07.2010

6 week and final appointment :(

Well, Clara is now 6 weeks old...i just can't believe it! I know everyone always says that time goes by so fast, but it's soooo true :) In some ways it feels like just yesterday that I held her for the first time, but in other ways it feels like I hardly even remember being pregnant--like I need the pictures to really prove it.

So today we went to her 6 week appointment which was also her last appointment with the midwives. I felt like crying knowing that it would be the last time we would see them and visit the birthing center. Such an emotional place for me. It wouldn't be so bad if I knew I'd be back in a few months with another pregnancy, but since we're moving it's a little more final. It's like we built this unique relationship with these women as they took part in such a huge event in our lives, and then we had to say goodbye. Luckily we remembered the camera and took a few pictures with everyone. I will always look back on this place, women, and time with fond memories as I remember how special they made it as we brought our first baby into this world.


Stephanie, Tarra, me, and Kori




1 comment:

em said...

LOVE all the pictures. they look like a wonderful team! what a special experience and a benchmark for your next...