3.16.2009

change

Lately (as in yesterday and today) I've had the urge to repaint my entire house. This all stems from us babysitting for Sammy on Saturday night and having access to HGTV after he was asleep :) Ugh! so many ideas and fun things to do to vamp up a room! So, I'm thinking I want to start with our living room. For those of y'all who don't remember...(please ignore my gross just-finished-painting look)

this is the color of our living room now. don't get me wrong--i really love this, but i think it's time for some change. I want something airy, neutral, and light to bring in some spring! I'm thinking just some paint change from the red/tan to a grey/blueish color. leaving the baseboards white, keeping our khaki colored couches and our espresso colored bookcases. ahhh! i can almost smell spring as i picture this :) maybe a few white accessories to add a sophistcated edge as well.... what do you think? should i plunge into this task?! (brandon has already made it clear that he does not like to paint and this is not something he is interested in partaking in) Anyone want to help?! :)

6 comments:

Taylor and Joanna said...

If you wait a couple weeks, then I will be there to help!

Brandon and Callie said...

ooooo...that's really tempting....:) do you really wanna paint on your vacation???

em said...

i say GO FOR IT! and wish i could just hop the train to come help!

Taylor and Joanna said...

I have no problem painting, as long as it is quality time with you! You might need to buy me coffee at some point:)

Claudia said...

Go for it!! I love the new color pick and think you should go for it. Come on, what are you waiting for!?!?!

Claudia said...

If you are very blessed to have a friend that would volunteer to help you. Paint,coffee,laugh,eat...paint,coffee,laugh,eat.....sounds like a great time to me!