3.01.2009

So here I am...

I think I have a cold for like the 5th time this winter. I'm so not used to this. I NEVER GET SICK!!! It's actually very frustrating. I layed around all day yesterday because I felt exhuasted and today Brandon went to church by himself because I'm feeling worse. I don't think I can adequately express how much I hate being sick.
So, I thought I'd load some pictures since I'm already just sitting on the couch :)
These are our dear friends, Ryan and Jessica Epp. They moved to Portland from S. Carolina last September and have been coming to the small group for about 6 months. They are such great examples of trusting God in all situations and we have loved getting to know them. Our small group threw them a surprise baby shower last weekend.

Here they are about to open presents

the baby shower was a mixed group fondue party. here the girls are all surrounding the chocolate fondue..surprised?? :)

Brandon, John, and Josh all being their real selves :)

not only did we have amazing fondue, fellowship and gift opening, we also included a little improv dance party and guitar hero to end the night.
Now I'm going to continue to sit on the couch and watch "Singing in the Rain" (one of my favorite "sick" movies).

3 comments:

em said...

oh love! feel better :( the party looks like fun and i hope that sipping tea helps...hang in there!

Hannah said...

i'm sorry you've been sick. feeling better now that you got to rest over the weekend? i may take you up on that vacation to oregon!

Jessica said...

oh my... i just found your blog!!! glad we made it to the front page.. woot woot! Promise me... when I'm skinny again, I can make a guest appearance on here again!