4.03.2009

Questions.....Questions

Thanks for your prayers for the interview. As an interviewee, if it was a basic interview, I think it went really great. I went in there confident and really felt like I got to share my heart for teaching, for history and for Bible. I was able to share that even though I do not have 'formal' classroom experience I have taught in many other venues (ministry) that could be comparable. I feel we connected as far as our hearts to see young people's lives changed. It was definitely a great opportunity. BUT, (as you can read from the title) there were a lot of questions coming out of the interview.

1. I need a Oregon State certified teacher in History or an Oregon State certified Administrator to 'oversee' or be the 'cooperating' teacher at the school in order for my 1st year of teaching to count for my Oregan State licensure. If this person is not there, my teaching experience is basically null for my state license. Currently the principal is not sure if there is someone that will meet those requirements. (This is his first year as Principal)

2. They normally only hire 'certified' teachers for all their positions. I do not have State licensure (obviously) but I also do not quite qualify for Standard ACSI licensure. I do qualify for Temporary or Basic licensure for ACSI (which I was not sure about in the interview). He was not even sure they would consider me for the position without it. I told him about the Temporary Certificate after the interview and I think it might help.

3. In order to get my license in Oregon I have to do both Middle School and High School. Oregon's license is ML/HS. Thus, I have to teach at least 1 class at the ML level and at least 1 class at the HS level. These details are yet to be ironed out. They are necessary for my state licensure as well.

These were the 3 big questions that we both came out with after the interview. They obviously are very important questions. The good news is that he said he would let me know within the week whether or not they would consider me for the next steps (i.e. willing to go with a Temp. Cert teacher). So, by Wednesday I should know if this job is even a possibility.

I trust that God has a plan in all of this and if this job does not work...I will definitely count it as a great opportunity to interview with an Administrator in a school.

Thanks for your prayers...and continued prayers. I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

thanks for letting us know how it went! Landon and i were/are praying for you!

by the way, thanks for your prayers, too! they're invaluable!

em said...

thanks for the update...still praying and know that if this isn't it, God has something else in store! love you guys!!

Sarah Saunier said...

Wow that is exciting and would be a great opportunity for you. You will definitly be in my prayers.