2.24.2010

a GREAT pregnancy!


That's what my midwife told me this morning when Livi and I went for my 27 week appointment. I really have been so blessed to have a very enjoyable pregnancy so far. AND now (as of next Friday) that I'm in my 3rd trimester, I get to go hear that every 2 weeks instead of once a month. It's the little things that excite me, really.
I really do love going to these appointments. Not really to hear my midwife say that (although it's nice to hear) or to get weighed or pee in that cup. I love these appointments because it's the only time I get to hear sweet little Clara's heartbeat. (Her name is Clara Bailey DelGrosso, by the way!) And once a month is an awful long time to go between hearing that sweet sound. It was especially hard when I wasn't feeling her move all the time. At least now I can feel her dancing inside and sometimes even feel the shape of her body in my belly. That's comforting but there is just something about listening to the doppler that makes me tear up every time I'm there. I can't wait to have her here.

3 comments:

em said...

you have me tearing up...

The Jardons said...

we are so excited for you guys to experience the incredible blessing of having a little baby... and a baby girl!!! there's no sweeter thing : ) cannot wait!!!

Apron Pockets said...

Hello to Callie, Brandon and Clara...this is a wonderful reader's digest version of life in Portland...yes, I'm sure you will miss it but love missing it from a place you love as dearly.
Hugs from Fort Worth and that place in 7th grade that made friendships come alive!