3.02.2010

Some of my most favorite people

I'm back! Colorado was so awesome. The baby shower was awesome and I'm so thankful for such great friends who love me and the new littlest DelG. (pics of that to come...someone else was taking them. hint hint Sarah :))
It was really weird thinking that we will be living there in about 5 months though...crazy thought. It's like my trip to Colorado marked the beginning of the end here in Portland: 2 months till B graduates from Western, 2.5 months until B graduates from Multnomah and I'm done working, 3 months till Clara is due to make her appearance, and about 5 months till we are supposed to be moving...hopefully with a job. I feel like I'm working on a countdown. If you have ever made a big move somewhere, I think you probably know what I'm talking about. It's like you feel like you have to wrap things up where you are and you are constantly fighting being impatient. I don't anticipate change very well. We LOVE being here in Portland. We love the city, our friends, our life that we've made here. This city will always represent such a special time in our life and I treasure this time so much.
I think being in Colorado was good for me. It allowed me to imagine our life there again. I love being in Portland, but I think I'll love being in Colorado again too. It's so different, but we will be different. And I think one main reason that I will love it is because of the awesome people that are there...some of my most favorite people!

Ok, so these are the wonderful ladies who were the brains/beauty behind the shower. Oh how I love these girls. Emily lives in Colorado now and I'm SO excited to live near this girl again. Joanna lives in PA right now BUT I'm pretty sure God is going to answer my prayers and lead her and her hubby to Denver this summer as well :) And my dear sweet friend Sarah who also lives in Denver but for some crazy reason thinks she's going to move this summer?! haha. not if I have something to say about it. I love these girls and am so grateful for them.


Oh MaryHary! haha ok, that's not her real name, but my loving name for her. This gal and I have quite the history beginning in 7th grade. I love her so much and can't wait to live near her and her new baby girl :) MaryBella and Clara are going to be the best of friends.


Oh, and my mom :) Loved spending time with her this weekend and catching up in person. can't wait to have her near again and to see her with her first grandbaby. I don't know what I'd do without her.

Of course there are many other people that I'm so excited to have near. Too many to count. Hopefully they'll make the weather seem a little warmer in the winters! haha.

(pics of the baby shower coming soon, hopefully!)

2 comments:

Sarah Saunier said...

The pictures are coming! And I so wish I didn't have to move. You could stay in Portland though you know, and then we would still be close :). Maybe I'll pray for a job in Portland instead of Denver.

em said...

come soon! :)