10.21.2007

Catch up

I guess it's time to catch everybody up on what's going on here in the "rainy city". Last weekend we tried to go out and capture the beauty of autumn in the NW. Unfortunately, I think we were a little late. These pictures don't do justice to the beautiful colors that we've seen all around us everyday. I've never, in my life, seen ivy turn such a fiery red and orange color as it does here. And somehow, the foggy mornings, with mist hanging on the tops of hills, only seem to accentuate the striking colors as the sun rays stream through the clouds. Who knew I enjoyed fall?!




This past week was a little busy for us. Work has been super crazy for Brandon as he planned a preview day for Western on Monday and then flew down to So Cal on Thursday to represent the seminary at a few college fairs. I continue to love my job with Addy and get so excited when I see her grow and accomplish new things...I can't imagine how much more exciting it will be when I have a baby of my own!!
Saturday morning Brandon and I got up and made a trip up to Seattle to visit friends. Emily lives there, but Sarah flew up from Colorado to see two of her kids from Sierra Leone. And we even got to hang out with them! It was so precious to see her with them and made us understand her love for that country even more. We also did some toursit-y things while we were there. It was great to see them again!
Beautiful, isn't it?!
Having some coffee at the Pike Market
We miss you, hoochie:)
GEEZ, it rained a lot!
Besides all of that fun stuff, there's not much else going on. It has been EXTREMELY rainy/foggy/drizzly/chilly. I am trying not to dwell on the "dampness" but am focusing on the postive. I will soon be making a fun new purchase--rain boots:) my only requirement: they must be goofy enough to make me smile as I wade through the streets.

4 comments:

em said...

so good to see you and i'm also on the hunt for galoshes...

Taylor and Joanna said...

I miss you too hoochie! I can't wait to see a picture of your rain boots:)

Sarah Saunier said...

Thanks for coming. I love you!

Claudia said...

cute pictures!!!!