10.29.2007

Opposites

This weekend was a time of opposites. I was extremely excited about how Saturday started off with me finally beating Callie at tennis! What a day! I told Callie that if I won I was definitely going to blog about it and tell the whole world. But, my glory was short lived because later that Sat. evening Callie somehow managed to beat me at Cribbage. How does that happen? Some might say it was God's way of humbling me. But I attribute it to sure luck. In case you are trying to connect the dots and attribute my tennis match win to sure luck, you are wrong, that was pure skill. :)

The other things that happened this weekend that were opposites were the Wyoming Cowboys played extremely bad (normal) but they won! How does that happen? I mean explain this to me: Wyoming's first game was a win over Virginia who is now ranked in the top 15! The Red Sox won (opposite of what I would have liked to have seen). And both the NY Giants and Eagles won. Callie and I also only went to 1 church service! And I also got my homework done throughout the week so I didn't have to cram tons of homework into the weekend.

The things that were rays of hope for me were that the Redskins got destroyed by the Patriots (bummer Jacky). The Oregon Ducks seem to go on winning, beating USC!!!! My bud Alex also came out to visit some colleges in Oregon and N. California, so he and his dad came over for dinner last night. It is always fun to see Colorado friends out here in Oregon. They said they were overwhelmed by the drive along the Oregon Coast, the leaves changing, and beautiful-huge trees. hint: all things you could see if you came and visited us

Well, that is about it for us for the weekend. This week is going to be a busy week. I have my first big test, I am volunteering at a Compassion Event, I am taking the car in for a brake inspection, I am flying to and from Spokane in one day, plus working and doing the regular homework routine. It should make for an interesting time. I better get to it!

1 comment:

em said...

i LOVE that oregon beat usc-and-so glad that wyoming won!!
good luck on your test!