10.01.2007

Rain?!

So, not much to blog about-but i'm going to write anyway:). Brandon and I had a pretty relaxing weekend. We had some friends over for dinner and games on Friday night. It was really nice to laugh and have fun with some other couples. Brandon works with the wives at Western and both of the couples live about 3 blocks away which makes it so easy. They also showed us a great late night donut place--we are becoming good friends! haha.
This weekend we have begun the Fall season here in Portland. That translates to cloudy, drizzly, chilly days. I was a little depressed yesterday morning driving to church in the rain and having to get wet walking in, but I keep telling myself that this is what we signed up for. Brandon is a great husband and recognized my silent cry for help. Ignoring his love for Sunday football, we packed up some books, my journal, and his homework and drove to the nearest Starbucks for a nice pumpkin spice latte/drip coffee and a warm, cozy chair. It was a great end to a relaxing weekend. Yes, I have high hopes of surviving this winter.

2 comments:

em said...

aw callie-i'm totally having flashbacks to my first fall/winter here-you can do it! sounds like you found the remedy that most of us rely on daily to get through...i'm always up for a call on a bummer day too!
p.s. are you guys coming up in october?

Unknown said...

Way to go Brandon!!!