8.14.2007

Beware of Sharks!

Finally Callie roped me into writing for this blog. Work has been fun so far but it's like "drinking from a fire hose." Lots of information to be swallowed yet only a little bit of it is actually being retained. I actually have given 3 tours now of the school and even walked one gal through the entire schooling process. The only thing I have on my side is that I just went through all of this so I lean on my own experience. I just hope I'm actually sharing accurate information.

With only working 20 hrs. a week and school not having started yet we try to take long weekends and hit all the touristy things so that way we can know where to take all of you guys when you visit. Plus, when else are we going to have all the time to do these things in the midst of busy work schedules, studying, papers to write, etc... You all can relate. This past weekend we went out to Tillamook. We visited the cheese/ice cream factory. It was almost too much to handle. Considering it was showing what they do with cattle, I sure felt like cattle in the midst of so many stinkin people. We stayed for a short while and decided to spend most of our time driving up the coast seeing the sites. We stopped twice to put our feet in the ocean which is suprisingly not as cold as you would think.

Our favorite place so far is Hug Point. It is somewhat off the beaten path and not connected to a city so it's nice. It's a bit more secluded and we almost felt all alone on the amazing beach surrounded by beautiful cliffs and caves. See pictures :) You need to come soon and see this amazing beauty. But, you must know, it is not a true expectation to think that sharks don't live in such cold waters. Because they do...the other beach we visited supposedly spotted sharks and people were advised not to swim. Good thing we only put our feet in :( That could have been scary. Well...there you go, here is my blog. Get your fill because I probably won't write again for another month ;)


(Hug Point)


2 comments:

em said...

that looks like a sweet beach! and i was totally going to tell you guys about the tillamook factory-we might have to go back to get an ice cream sample...i hear they are to-die-for...3 week!!

Brandon and Callie said...

I KNOW!!! we're so excited to have you come! can't wait to see you.